Which Hawaiian Island Should You Visit?
From food to pristine beaches, each Hawaiian island offers something very special and unique. If you’re not sure where you want to spend your tropical vacation, let us help!
If you wanting to unplug from your every day life and get away from it all, Kauai is singing your name! Known as the Garden Isle, this island is overflowing with blissful relaxation. From the stunning coastlines to the beautiful beaches, this island has all the components to make an overworked visitor feel reborn. While Kauai doesn’t have much nightlife (actually, there is no nightlife), you don’t have to spend your entire week swinging in a hammock. There is plenty to do to keep you deliciously occupied!
- Kauai ECO Adventure – Blue Hawaiian Helicopters: If relaxing is the name of your vacation game, then you probably won’t mind seeing the island from the first-class seat of a Blue Hawaiian Helicopter. No legwork is needed to see some of Kauai’s most incredible views. Your journey will include Mana Waiapuna, commonly referred to as “Jurassic Park Falls,” the breathtaking Waimea Canyon, known as the “Grand Canyon of the Pacific” and the ever popular Na Pali Coast. If the weather permits, you’ll even get to fly into Mt. Waialeale, the heart of the ancient volcano. You’ll find yourself in the center of the crater with towering 5000-foot walls and its 3000-foot waterfalls. This is an once-in-a-lifetime experience that you will never forget!
- Hidden Valley Falls Kayak Adventure-Outfitters Kauai: Some travelers find the best way to unwind and relax is to explore their surroundings. If this is your preferred vacation mode, then hop aboard! With this adventure, you’ll find yourself paddling on the Hule’ia River on a kayak, winding your way through the jungle on this calm stream. After a two-mile ride, your tour will take to the land and hike to a captivating waterfall and swimming hole. Feel free to release your inner Tarzan when you try out the perfectly placed rope swing! After a refreshing swim, you’ll sit down to a picnic lunch and marvel at this island’s beauty. Heading back is made easy because your thoughtful guides will have a motorized Hawaiian canoe waiting for you so you don’t have to battle the headwinds. This is paradise at its finest!
- Na Pali Sunset Cruise – HoloHolo Charters: There is nothing quite as spectacular as a Kauai sunset, especially from the seat of a 65-foot catamaran. And this luxury ride includes a delicious dinner and a bar that serves a fantastic Mai Tai. If you’d prefer to toast something bubbly at sunset, a chilled glass of champagne will be waiting for you. And during whale season, you may get to spot a few whales breaching before the sun sets. This cruise makes paradise truly magical.
If you want to hike, bike or swim your way through an island, Maui is waiting to make your dreams come true. Maui has a beach for every mood, from some of the world’s best surfing waves, to calm little coves where you can work on your tan. And the hiking trails wind through bamboo forests and picture-worthy waterfalls. By the end of your trip, you’ll understand the common expression, “Maui No Ka Oi,” which translates to “Maui is the best.”
Summit Sunrise Tour – Maui Downhill: You’ve probably seen a few great sunrises in your day, but nothing will compare to watching the sunrise from atop the world’s largest resting volcano, 10,000 feet above sea level. After the sun shows off for you, you’ll ride your bike down the volcano, using the 21 switchbacks to help you gently descend. With bi-coastal views of Maui’s central valley and the West Maui Mountains, you’ll enjoy every turn! Everything is included in this tour, from a windbreaker and helmet to round trip transportation from your hotel. You’ll even get breakfast and lunch! This tour is not to be missed if you want to see what makes Maui so special!
Molokini Rafting Tour- Redline Rafting: This is one of the most exciting ways to get to the Forbidden Coast! Riding on a wickedly fun and speedy pontoon, you’ll stop at four equally breathtaking snorkeling spots: the remote Kanaio Coastline (Maui’s most recent lava flow left behind underwater caves, lava arches and grottos), La Perouse Bay (home of the beloved spinner dolphins), Molokini Crater (with visibility up to 100 feet!) and Turtle Town (you’ll get to swim with Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles!). Because of the size of the pontoon, you’ll even get to snorkel the rarely seen backside of Molokini. Breakfast, lunch and cold drinks are served on the boat. With all your snorkel gear included, this tour is a must if you visit Maui!
4 line Zipline Course – Piiholo Ranch: This tour offers up one of the best adrenaline rushes on the island! For 2 hours, you’ll be ziplining over trees, gulches and green ranch land on the slopes of Haleakala. Maui will look beautiful as you gaze out at the mountain and ocean views from 200 feet above the ground. You won’t regret taking advantage of Maui’s newest and longest zipline tour!
If you have a hankering to visit a volcano goddess, then look no further. The Big Island is home to the Kilauea volcano, which has been erupting since 1983. This unforgettable sight alone is worth the trip! For those that want even more Big Island goodness, there is plenty to keep you happy!
Hawaii Volcano Adventure – Polynesian Adventure Tours: If you want to get up close and personal with the Kilauea volcano, these trained guides will take you right to the edge of a 2000 degree F molten lava flow, which is as close as the Civil Defense and local authorities will allow. You will also get to visit the Hilo Area, Macadamia Nut Factory (seasonal, and time permitting), Orchid & Anthurium Nursery, Volcanoes National Park, Volcano Observatory, Jagger Museum, Steam Bluffs & Crater Drive, Thurston Lava Tube, Volcano House, Kilauea Iki Crater. Lunch is included, which makes this one volcano you don’t want to miss!
Royal Kona Resort Luau: No one should leave Hawaii without sampling the delicious local cuisine. This evening starts out with a lei, a cocktail of your choice and the honor of being a part of the torch lighting ceremony. After you enjoy the authentic Hawaiian buffet, sit back under the stars and enjoy the Lava Legends and Legacies, an authentic journey through the South Pacific islands of Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Samoa and New Zealand. These hula dancers will make you feel like you’re in old Hawaii! The evening ends with the ever-exciting Samoan fire-knife dance. Dinner has never been so exciting!
Manta Ray Night Snorkel – Sea Paradise: Swimming with the majestic manta rays is one thing, but to do it at night is memory making! Your guides will give you a little marine lesson on these creatures, and then you’ll snorkel or scuba dive with them off the Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort. This area has been their feeding zone for the last 25 years, and it’s the perfect spot to see them feeding on plankton and microscope larvae. This is one of those awesome adventures you won’t have anywhere else! If you need a little warming up after your dive, there are cocktails or hot chocolate served.
As you can see, each island offers its own adventure. The hardest part is not visiting all of them! For more information on each island and the activities offered, please visit Hawaii Discount Activities today.
- You’ve been waiting for months to get int...
- From food to pristine beaches, each Hawaiian is...
- Whale watching in Hawaii is one of the top reas...
- Traveling with kids can limit your choice of ac...
- You’ve spent time and money to come to pa...